The Shire of Tenterfield - and all that it offers.
Set in the heart of Australian heritage, Tenterfield Shire is the gateway to both the New England and Northern Rivers Regions, in addition to the QLD Granite Belt.
The Shire if Tenterfield covers a vast area of 713, 439 hectares with an overall population of approximately 7,000 residents - and growing!
Tennterfield town itself is surrounded by a multitude of State & National Parks.
Within the Shire of Tenterfield there is an incredible diversity of things to see and experience. Covering such a large area there are so many reasons to come to Tenterfield again and again and to stay longer and longer every time.
National & State Parks - just a sample of what the Shire has to offer:
* Bald Rock National Park * Boonoo Boonoo National Park
* Boorook State Forest * Basket Swamp National Park
* Girard State Forest * Milgara State Forest * Gilgurry State Forest
* Bookookoorara State Forest * Tooloom National Park
* Bluff River Nature Reserve *Torrington State Forest & Recreation Area
* Bluff River Nature Reserve
Villages of the Shire:
The Shire is also composed of several villages. Like Tenterfield, each village has something wonderful to offer. Whether a village is your ultimate destination, a wonderful excuse for a daytrip or just something that you happen upon in your travels, we would wholeheartedly recomend getting to know the whole Shire.
* Urbenville * Torrington * Liston * Legume
* Jennings * Drake
Around and About the Shire:
Surrounding the Shire and on our doorsteps we have regions that serve to complement all that Tenterfield has to offer. Whether on your journey here, or on the way home. Whether it be a day trip whilst staying in Tenterfield or combining several destinations in one trip our amazing region has so much to offer.
* Towards the North - Stanthorpe, Warwick Scenic Rim & Southern Downs.
* Towards the South - Glen Innes, Inverell, Armidale and more of the High Country.
* Towards the West - Glenlyon Dam & Sundown National Park
* Towards the East - Casino, Lismore and Ballina
The Shire of Tenterfield - offering unforgettable moments and endless places to visit.